Mobile worker tax refund

Am I due any tax back as a mobile worker?

Are you a mobile worker? Discover if you’re eligible for a tax rebate! Many mobile workers, whether they work for a company or are self-employed, may be entitled to a tax refund for work-related expenses or overpaid taxes. HMRC doesn’t have access to everyone’s personal circumstances, so it’s important for taxpayers to proactively reach out to HMRC to determine if they qualify for any tax relief.

There are various reasons why you might be eligible for a tax refund, such as pension contributions, redundancy payments, interest from savings accounts, PPI, or UK income if you’re residing abroad. Every tax refund and rebate claim is carefully evaluated on an individual basis. To find out if you could make a claim, simply fill out our user-friendly tax claim form and answer a few straightforward questions.

Don’t miss out on potential tax savings—check if you qualify for a tax refund today as a mobile worker.

How do I make a mobile worker uniform tax claim?

Don’t worry about the hard work – let Vortex handle it for you!

Claiming tax back directly from HMRC can be complicated and requires a thorough understanding of the process. Are you confident that you’re making the most of your claim?

Do you know that an incorrect tax claim can result in fines and penalties? Vortex can take the hassle out of your tax rebate claim.

Contact us today for assistance.

How long does a mobile worker tax refund take?

How long Tax takes to come back depends on two things:

  1. How fast you can get the required information to ourselves
  2. How busy HMRC are, which depends a lot on what time of the year it is

April and January are the busiest months for HMRC where repayments can take over a month. During other times however, it has been known for Tax claims to be credited within 11 days!

As deadlines apply for making claims, we advise you get in touch as early as possible to avoid disappointment.

Mobile worker tax refund
Mobile Worker Tax Refunds

Can I claim tax back?

As a mobile worker, it is highly likely that you have bought uniforms or tools that have not been reimbursed to you for the purpose of carrying out your job. To determine if you are eligible for a tax claim, please answer a few straightforward tax-related questions below.

Mobile Worker Tax Refund

Are you owed tax back from HMRC?

How far back can I claim?

Current legislation in the UK says you can go back up to four Tax years when claiming a Tax rebate. This means at the current moment in time you can make a claim for the following periods:

  • Year ended 5th April 2020
  • Year ended 5th April 2021
  • Year ended 5th April 2022
  • Year ended 5th April 2023

Effectively this means you can claim Tax relief from 6th April 2019. We understand that payslips and P60s can be misplaced during such a long length of time. This is not a problem and in most cases we can seek copies on your behalf from HMRC.

Can highly recommend vortex accountants! I moved over to them a while ago and Dan + Claire have been so supportive and helpful in every way. During the worrying times... read more

Laura Barton Avatar Laura Barton

I have used Dan for over 10 years and couldn’t recommend him more, always helpful and no matter how busy always makes time for me.

Alan Honey Avatar Alan Honey
Why wait

File your claim below

Just 30 seconds to find out whether you’re entitled to a mobile worker related tax rebate claim.

    * Upfront minimum charge of £50 + VAT, Minimum charge of 15% + VAT of any successful claim minus initial charge